- Auditioning ages 13 – 18
- TUESDAY, MAY 18th from 5p – 8p and WEDNESDAY, MAY 19th from 5p – 8p. If needed, we may have callbacks on Thursday, May 20thfrom 5p – 8p.
- Auditions are by appointment ONLY – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-445-5180 to set up an audition time.
- Must prepare a one-minute comedic monologue – no self-written monologues, please.
- Please wear a mask to your audition.
- Please bring a 4×6 color headshot with you to your audition (these do not need to be professionally done, just a good picture that looks like you from the shoulders up).
- Show Dates (Mandatory):
Friday, July 30th at 7:00 PM
Saturday July 31st at 3:00 PM
Saturday July 31st at 7:00 PM (two Saturday shows)
- Sunday, August 1st at 3:00 PM
- Dress Week (Mandatory*): Sunday, July 25th through Thursday, July 29th.
*We are aware open house is this week and will work around if/as needed.
- Rehearsals: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday– 5p–7p, Saturdays will be used only as needed and you will know ahead of time. Rehearsal schedule and times tentative to change.
A magical peach! An imprisoned boy! Insect friends! An incredible journey! This amazing adventure of James Henry Trotter will fulfill the fantasy of anyone who has ever dreamed of escape. Roald Dahl’s story comes hilariously to life in this delightful dramatization that reveals the wickedness of some, the goodness of others, and the indecision encountered by many when they are faced with crises. You will see James and his newfound bug pals.
You will also see James’ mean Aunt Spiker and cruel Aunt Sponge – will they face the consequences of their nasty actions? The action is tied together by the Narrator, a storyteller, motivator, emcee and audience friend. This age-old classic is sure to bring you on an exciting, peachy adventure!
- James Trotter – creative, curious boy who saves the day
- Narrator – moves the story along with narration and humor, should have superb storytelling skills
- Aunt Sponge – ornery, bad-tempered and grouchy relative of James
- Aunt Spiker – crabby, grouchy and irritable relative of James
- Old-Green-Grasshopper – parent-like and calming
- Centipede – crotchety and crabby poet and occasional singer
- Spider – helpful and friendly
- Ladybug – parent-like and reassuring
- Earthworm – grouchy and forever complaining
- Ensemble 1 (Mother/Glowworm/First Officer/Cloud Man) – Multiple speaking and non-speaking roles
- Ensemble 2 (Father/Little Old Man/Captain/Cloud Man) – Multiple speaking and non-speaking roles
Main Street Players
Let Us Know About You
Interested in auditioning for the Dallas Theater? Simply fill out the form below, and a member of our staff will contact you within two (2) business days. If you don’t hear from us please call 770.445.5180.